Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day no. 7

This was a day full of philosophical discussions.
Kecskéd. I was 20 minutes early on this first appointment of the day. Nevertheless mayor Grúber Zoltán already awaited me outside in the blazing sun. That show of gracious hospitality continued during our talks together with the alpolgármester and the jegyző. I look forward to take up the kind invitation to return for a bit of sightseeing and for luncheon. But first things first: five members are expected in this village of 2.000 inhabitants. Wonderful goal!
Bokod. Although I was much on time (after letter, e-mail and tel. calls to arrange meeting), no mayor. You can't win them all. Hopefully his secreatary will be able to convince mayor and others taking up at least two memberships.
Oroszlány. Too little time for an exchange of philosophical thoughts with alpolgármester Rajnai Gábor. Yesterday Mr Rajnai enjoyed picking berries in the forest and fishing this early morning, while I am racing around to meet mayors and sitting behind my computer in evening hours. Who is more happy in life? We were not able to answer the question, but for now I hope that the most supportive Mr Rajnai will as much enjoy catching berries and fish as he will "catch" 20 new members for the Order of the Smiling Knights. I wish him all the best and good luck!
Várgesztes. With the mayor, Mrs Memoni Gabriella, I had an other exchange of deep thoughts, even in French (mayor speaks far better French then I speak Hungarian). What is more enjoyable: to try to find your mission in life and having enough time for other things to do or to be fully involved with your found mission and having no time for anything else. I left without the answer, but with the jope that two more members are on the way.
Vértessomló. A most kind jegyző, Mr Szennay István, was waiting when I arrived late. We talked about personal matters and I realised that a serious sickness in the family is far over-shadowing the importance of the right choice between two happy alternatives.

If all goes well, we will have an other 32 members originating from the discussions today.

No comments:

Post a Comment