Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 15, 2009

Nine meetings today again with kind mayors, deputy mayors and notaries public of small villages with the exception of Tihany, which has a population of 1.390. Mr Tósoki Imre, mayor of Tihany, promised to do his very best finding ten members; I am sure he will!
A wonderful encounter I had with Dr Papp Judit, notary public in Aszófő, because Dr Papp had given me accomodation in her lovely home for one night during my four months biking tour in 2005. She never gives up to support the Smiling Hospital Foundation.
An other most encouraging meeting was held with mayor Szönyeg József of a very small village called Vászoly. Mr Szönyeg was confident to find for us five members in his village of 235 people. I wish we could make a statue for him as an example for thousands of mayors, who govern small villages in Hungary:-).
In late afternoon, I also met with Mr Jenő Nagy, General Manager of the Annabella Hotel in Balatonfüred and Member of Parliament. He promised to help us whenever we would face a problem in County Veszprém.

Albert Royaards

No comments:

Post a Comment