Friday, September 25, 2009

September 25, 2009. Highlight in Pápa.

The deputy-mayor of Pápa, Dr Áldozó Tamás, warmly welcomed me in the company of Rita Benecz and Bea Varga. Also a journalist from the county newspaper, Veszprémi Napló, joined us in the meeting and took pictures afterwards. I heard an interesting lecture about church history in Pápa (the building of the municipality one time belonged to the Benedictine Order like still in present times Tihany and Pannonhalma). Then we had our good discussion about the membership in an other order, namely the "Order of the Smiling Knights". When I mentioned the wish to see 30 members in Papa, Mr Áldozó increased the number to 33 (based on 33.000 inhabitants); this I regarded as a much encouraging sign for our membership in Pápa.
Also the meetings in the small villages of Bakonyjákó, Adásztevel, Nagytevel, Homokbödöge and Ugod were pleasant and gave hope for more members.
This week I saw mayors and other representatives of about 50 cities and villages. It was a well-organised schedule. My sincere thanks to our Project Manager, Anikó Kada, who arranged it all in a very professional and structured manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment